Rad Dad Mug
Tell your dad he’s rad with his very own mug that declares his coolness. Whether it’s for Father’s Day, his birthday or just because, he’ll appreciate knowing he’s loved.
- Wipe mug with damp sponge to remove bisque dust.
- Measure 1½” down from top of mug. With pencil, lightly draw a line around circumference of mug.
- Below first line, measure down 2” more and draw another line around. Measure down another ¾” and repeat drawing another line around circumference.
- Brush three coats Dark Sapphire to top section of cup along with handle. Let dry. Tape off sections as desired to ensure straight lines.
- Brush three coats Bright Aqua to center section painting around “RAD DAD”. Let dry.
- Brush three coats Dark Sapphire below that and three coats Light Gray to bottom strip and base. Let dry.
- Brush two coats Pure Brilliance to inside mug and two coats to “RAD DAD”. Let dry.
- Brush one light coat to remainder of mug as desired. Let dry.
- Stilt on kiln shelf and fire to cone 06.
Duncan® Concepts® Underglazes for Bisque
Container for water
Foam plate or foil for paint palette
1/4" masking or painter's tape
You may also like:
Suzie works as a Senior Designer at iLoveToCreate®. She has been involved with art since childhood, and her passion has continued throughout her life. She honed her natural talents by attending the Academy of Arts in San Francisco on scholarship, art classes at San Jose City College. She works with various media and substrates. You can find her masterpieces on painted signs, murals, people and animal portraiture, mold design, sculptures, ceramic projects and fabric paint designs. Her commercial endeavors include children’s coloring books, illustrative designs for bags, brochures and cards. Her exceptional illustration skills have brought her many jobs as a fashion illustrator for designers in Hong Kong and Hawaii.
My Social Media
November 30, 2016